HR certification demonstrates mastery of the HR body of knowledge and is widely accepted as a symbol of professional achievement. It is a career-long commitment that shows peers, employees and the organization that the professional has mastered the core HR principles and is dedicated to staying current in his or her profession. It is an achievement that opens the door to a new level of responsibility and endless opportunities.
Benefits of Certification
Earning the PHR, SPHR, GPHR, HRMP or HRBP credential demonstrates that the practitioner is committed to a higher standard, even as it gives him or her a competitive edge in today’s economy.
By becoming certified in HR, practitioners:
- Show they know the most current principles and core practices of HR management
- Become more marketable when they compete for top HR positions
- Raise their professional confidence among their staff and peers
- Develop their own skills and knowledge by studying the latest best practices and applicable HR around the world
- Make their résumé stand out from other job applicants. One out of two recruiters prefer those with HR certification
- Earn recognition from their organization. Business leaders find HR certified professionals to be more self-motivated
- Connect to an elite network of motivated HR professionals around the globe. More than 108,000 certified HR professionals work in more than 70 countries and territories